1. To offer undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs to develop our students’ knowledge, analytical abilities, research capabilities, creativity, and sense of identity.
2. To help our students develop an appreciation and understanding of human diversity by providing knowledge of and opportunity for experience with multiple ethnicities, cultures, and societies.
3. To create an intellectual and technological environment supportive of innovative and effective teaching, research, assessment and communication, excellent writing and oral skills, and decision making.
4. To attract and maintain an excellent faculty and staff committed to teaching, to research, and to service to McKendree and the greater community while also attracting and retaining an outstanding student body.
5. To create a culture of campus life that includes experiences beyond the classroom that allow for the development of the whole person.